These Travel Alerts provide general information only. For more detailed information, please visit our Road Conditions page, or call 1-800-661-0750. You can also visit our Ferry information page and our Winter and Ice Road information page.
Information on Yukon's highway system, including Yukon's portion of the Dempster Highway, can be found here.
Mackenzie Valley Winter Road
Advisory: Due to a warming trend " Night time travel" could be implemented on the winter road with liitle or no notice. if implemented night time travel will be restricted where trucks are greater that 5,000 Kgs will only be allowed to travel between 10:00 PM and 10:00 AM only.
The Liard ice crossing is open to traffic 64,000 kg.
The N'dulee ice crossing is open to traffic 64,000 Kg's.
The Nahanni Butte ice crossing is open to traffic weighing 64,000 Kg's.
The Trout Lake winter road is open to traffic weighing 40,000 Kg's or less.
Wrigley Km 690 to Tulita Km 938 is open to traffic weighing 64,000 Kg's. There is a detour in place at Steep Creek Km 815. Watch for men and equipment working at Km 832 Saline river with a detour in place.
The Deline access road is now open to light traffic weighing 50,000 Kg's or less.
Tulita ice crossing and By-Pass at Km 938 to km 943 is open to 64, 000 Kg's.
Tulita Km 943 to Norman Wells Km 1026 is open to 64,000 Kg's, watch for men and equipment working at Km 991.
Norman Wells Km 1026 to Fort Good Hope Km 1173 is open to traffic weighing 50,000 Kg's or less.
Fort Good Hope Km 1173 to Colville Lake winter road Km 165 is open to traffic weighing 50,000 Kg's or less.
EFFECTIVE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Km. 55.7 Hwy 5 Buffalo River Bridge posted single lane bridge with speed reduced to 40 km/h for legal loading. Yield to oncoming traffic.
- Km. 2.2 Hwy 5 Hay River to Pine Point Bridge posted at 40 km/h for legal loading
- Km. 243.8 Hwy 3 Frank Channel Bridge posted at 40 km/h for legal loading.
DEH CHO BRIDGE
- Work crews and equipment are present - obey all signs and signals.
REMEMBER, speed fines double in construction zones.
- Km. 521.7 Hwy 1 - Culvert Replacement. Detour in place
- Km. 211.5 Hwy 7 - single lane bridge in place. Yield to oncoming traffic