One of the best ways drivers can reduce their risk of collision and injury is to take driver training. There are numerous advantages to taking a driver training course taught by a qualified instructor:
- Reinforce good knowledge and practices
- Correct misinformation and bad practices
- Provide hands-on experience so that the driver can be both proactive (reduce the risk of collision) and reactive (act appropriately when a collision seems imminent)
- Discounts for auto insurance for newly licensed drivers
- You may be eligible for a reduction in your demerit points
What to look for in a qualified instructor:
- Training as a driver instructor
- Ability to provide information in plain language
- Acceptance of the training for insurance company discounts
- Talk to previous students - what can they tell you about how their driving improved as a result of taking the course?
Look in the Yellow Pages™ under Driving Schools.